On November 21st, from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (GMT+1, check the time in your place), we will be holding an (un)likely dialogue on the technical design of phase II of Alianza Shire, which will be open to the public in the itdUPM building: from design to action.
In this phase, which will run until 2021, we are working to improve living conditions in four refugee camps in Shire (Northern Ethiopia), as well as in the host communities of these camps.
The project has two components: one focused on access to electricity in shared facilities (on-grid), and another on access to electricity through renewable energy in homes and small businesses (off-grid).
- Presentation of Lab Shire by Carlos Mataix, director of itdUPM, and representative of the Spanish Agency for International Development.
- The situation of Eritrean refugees and the Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF), presented by Edelmira Campos of the UNHCR, The UN Refugee Agency.
- The 2018-2021 project. Lessons learned from the first phase and overall design of the second phase, by Manuel Pastor of the Alianza Shire technical team.
- Off-grid component, by Julio Eisman from Acciona.org Foundation
- On-grid component, by Rosario Sánchez of Iberdrola and Mar Gandolfo of Signify.
- Dialogue with the public.
Follow the event in twitter: #AlianzaShire